Aquarium Fish Tank Carbon Dioxide Scrubber
Carbon Dioxide [CO2] will affect the pH of your aquarium and with low pH corals may not grow as fast.
If you connect a CO2 scrubber to the venturi on your skimmer with some CO2 absorption media [not included in this listing] you can control the amount of CO2 being sucked into your skimmer, effectively raising the pH of your tank by removing excess CO2.
CO2 is the most common cause of low pH in aquariums which can be difficult to control so by moving your protein skimmer air intake from the silencer to the CO2 scrubber you can increase you tanks pH.
What is included with this listing?
1x clear filter housing + 3/8" connectors
1x stainless steel housing mounting bracket
1x clear media cartridge [excludes media]
2 meters of 3/8" clear food grade silicon tube
2x 3/8" inserts for use with 3/8" connectors
1x housing opening / closing spanner
Optional extras available
High quality colour changing lime soda CO2 reducing media
Additional meters of 3/8" clear food grade silicon tube if required
Additional clear 10"x2.5" filter media cartridge [not filter housing]
How do I use this CO2 skimmer?
- Connect 3/8" tube to protein skimmer air intake and output side of reactor [remove skimmer silencer and connect tubing to pump venturi]
- Unscrew the housing cap and remove the refillable filter cartridge
- Add 15mm of RODI water to the bottom of the housing sump without it coming into contact with CO2 media
- Fill the refillable filter cartridge with CO2 absorbent media and return to housing
- Monitor your pH every hour or two for the first few days use
- When pH start to drop again [+/- 2 weeks] you'll need to refill CO2 media